Alaska By Coupon
When planning a trip to Alaska you likely want to fit in as many experiences as possible into your visit. One of the best ways to experience Alaska is through tours. These are experts in their field, trained to give you the best trip possible.
However, some of these tours are not cheap, and it can be hard to do everything you want to do while saving on your Alaska vacation. This is where the use of coupon books come into play. There are two main coupon books in Alaska: The Northern Lights ($55), and the TourSaver ($99.95).
Weighing Your Options
The Northern Lights is a locally owned book that offers discounts on tours, lodging, and food. Coupons can be removed from the book and then used. It offers a much wider range of coupons including things like car rentals, gym access, tickets to events, golfing, and pet grooming.
Some of the highlights of the book are:
- Glacier View Adventures Offers 25% off a zip adventure for up to 6 people.
- Alaska Railroad Corporation Supplies one complimentary one-way or round-trip ticket for the Denali Star Train, the Coastal Classic Train, or the Aurora Winter Train.
- Palmer Musk Ox Farm Gives a free admission when you purchase a second admission.
- Orca Island Cabins Provides 50% off your second night’s stay after paying full price for the first.
The TourSaver offers discounts on only tours and some lodging. It has a unique book number that can be used to claim discounts. However, these coupons can’t be removed, and the physical book must be present when you check in for your tour.
Some of the best offers included for the book are:
- Alaska Railroad Corporation Receive one free ticket when purchasing a second adult fare ticket with the same itinerary. This includes a one way or round-trip ticket from Anchorage to Seward, from Anchorage to Denali National Park, Anchorage to Fairbanks, Anchorage to Talkeetna, and Talkeetna to Hurricane.
- Alaska Sea Life Center Allows the pruchase of one full adults’ admission and to get another one free.
- Kennecott Glacier Lodge Provides $100 off when you book for two or more nights.
- Gold Dredge 8 Supplies one tour free when you purchase a second tour.
Save in Alaska
Choosing which book to use comes down to the individual activities you want to participate in. Once you have that narrowed down, saving on your Alaska vacation becomes much easier. In the same vein, many people will choose to buy both. Overall, a coupon book can help you save on your Alaskan vacation.
Written By: Hope Macke