The closest zipline to Anchorage, located at mile marker 99 on the Glenn Highway. This zipline operation has two lines that you can ride down, there is the Nitro and the G2.
Then take the “leap of faith” and fly. The anticipation will get your palms sweaty, and the initial drop will really get your heart pumping. You’ll fly down the cable then enter the forest and coast to the end of the line. Many people find that first step to be challenging, but after that gravity does the work!
- Length: 1,500 feet (457 meters, over a quarter mile)
- Speed: 30 – 40 miles per hour
- Height: Launch tower is 30 feet high on a hill 150 feet above the river.
You drive to the top of the cliff, over 250 feet above the Matanuska River. Enjoy the amazing view of the mountains, river and glacier before stepping off the deck for a high-speed zip over 2200 feet long!
Dual Ziplines so you can race a friend to the end of the line!
Launching for the G2 is an entirely different experience from the Nitro and some people find it easier. But the thrill will hit you 2 seconds later when you go over the edge of the cliff and the ground drops 250 feet!
- Length: 2,200 feet (670 meters, almost a half mile)
- Speed: 45 – 60 miles per hour (maximum recorded speed is 63 mph.)
- Height: Launch deck is 12 feet high on a cliff 250 feet above the river.